TRACIE LEONHARDT, DO
Dr. Tracie Leonhardt grew up as a member of the Tampa Bay community. She graduated from Southeastern University (now known as Nova University) in 1992, completed her internship at Suncoast Hospital in Largo, and, completed her Residency in Emergency Medicine at Midwestern University in Chicago, Illinois in 1996. Dr Leonhardt then began her 14 year tenure as a Board Certified ER physician.
Experiencing her own health struggles, she learned she had Type II Diabetes in 2003. Dr. Leonhardt made it a mission to seek out the most up to date information on treatment. Despite optimal medical treatment, her disease continued to worsen and soon she was on seven different medications to try to control the disease. This mission led her to study the metabolic and hormone systems, and she not only reversed her diabetes, but she completed an advanced fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine. She is currently pursuing a masters in Metabolism and Nutrition at the University Of South Florida School Of Medicine.
All of this led her to practicing Integrative Medicine, which is a practice that uses science based, evidence based medicine and focuses on the whole person, and makes use of all appropriate therapeutic approaches to achieve optimal health and healing. She is an expert in the area of hormones, including thyroid, and in the treatment of diabetes. Her practice, Peaks of Health Metabolic Medical Center, also treats fungus, mold, Lyme, and auto immune diseases among many other conditions.
A much sought after teacher and speaker, she is on teaching staff at two hospitals and is a preceptor instructor for Lecom Medical School. Dr. Leonhardt recently was invited to speak to a congress in Noordwijk Netherlands. Her topic was Lyme Disease and Alternative Treatments, and European physicians were excited to learn how Dr. Leonhardt has experienced successes in treating Lyme Disease.
Dr. Leonhardt writes articles for several magazines, and her article, ”Lyme and Lyme-like Disease – The New Epidemic” was published in the Townsend Newsletter, July 2016. Dr. Leonhardt has also published articles on Traumatic Brain Injury, for which she has received advanced training. She has authored many articles on Thyroid, Hormones, and Diabetes.
She has also had the privilege of appearing on TV shows including Daytime, Consumer Updates, Tampa Bay Morning Blend, and was the Health Expert on Tampa NBC affiliate, News Channel 8. She has weekly radio shows in several markets on which she has a variety of guests, including Dr. Oz and Suzanne Somers.
Her clinic sees patients from various parts of the globe. Her mission is this to combine the best of traditional medicine with functional medicine in order to give our patients the best service and outcomes utilizing evidence based medical practices.
Affiliations and Accomplishments
- AOA – American Osteopathic Society
- FOMA – Florida Osteopathic Medical Society
- PCOMS – Pinellas county osteopathic medical Society – board of governors 2012
- PCMS – Pinellas county medical society• ABBP – American board of bariatric physician’s member
- A4M member – American academy of antiaging medicine• Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- National presentation on Diabetes at the AOA conference in New Orleans 2010
- Currently enrolled in masters at USF medical school in metabolic and nutritional medicine
- Medical school Southeastern University of Health Sciences (currently Nova) 1992
- Internship Suncoast Hospital 1992-1993
- Residency in Emergency Medicine at Midwestern University Chicago Illinois 1993-1996
- Associate Medical Director Northside Hospital Emergency Room 1999-2003• Medical Director Northside Hospital Emergency Department 2004-2006
- Chairperson of the ED Northside Hospital 2003-2006
LEA RUSSELL, MBA, RDN, LDN
Region Sales Director and Functional Medicine Business Consultant
Region Sales Director and Functional Medicine Consultant at DUNWOODY LABS INC
2017 – Present
Dunwoody Labs profiles are designed to provide clinically relevant groups of analytes to help the clinician diagnose and treat conditions commonly addressed by functional and integrative medicine. As a consultant, I offer practitioners a portfolio of evidence based solutions and technology for a myriad of symptoms/chronic health conditions. Website: www.dunwoodylabs.com
- Functional Medicine Consultant and Sales Management at Cell Science Systems
2010 – 2017 (8 years)
- Senior Marketing and Sales Management Positions at Bristol-Myers Squibb
1995 – 2005 (11 years)
- Director of Sales And Business Development at Procter & Gamble
1991 – 1995 (5 years)
- Health Education Division – Tambrands
- Marketing Management Postions at Merck
1987 – 1991 (5 years)
- Marketing and Sales Management Positions at Bristol-Myers Squibb
1982 – 1987 (6 years)
- Clinical Dietitian at HCA
1979 – 1982 (4 years)
University of Tampa – John H. Sykes College of Business
MBA, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, 1985 – 1987
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
BS – Registered Dietitian, Medical Nutrition Therapy and Food Science, 1974 – 1979
SUSAN BEAVEN, MD
Functional Medicine Physician at Hermann Wellness
- One of 215 internationally certified practitioners by the Institute of Functional Medicine. This was obtained after extensive course study, experience, and successful examination.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine. This was granted after years of
practice experience, course work and successful examination.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine since 1985
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Medicine since 1992
- Functional Medicine and Integrative and Family Medicine Physician
January 2015 – Present
- Functional and Integrative Medicine and Family Medicine Physician
April 2012 – June 2015 (3 years 3 months)
- Functional and Integrative Medicine, Family Medicine Physician at St Petersburg Health and Wellness
- July 2014 – December 2014 (6 months)
Functional medicine addresses the underlying imbalances that interfere with health by utilizing advanced, scientific, researched and evidence-based tools, information and testing of the 21st century. We specifically identify and correct biochemical imbalances arising from your genetics, nutritional intake and toxic exposures. We also identify and correct your hormonal imbalances resulting from aging, metabolic imbalances and those from the mind-emotions-spirit. With Lifestyle and Preventative medicine, we examine the interactions between genetic, epigenetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that can influence long term health and well-being and chronic disease. We shift the disease-centered focus of traditional medical practice to our patient-centered approach. We address the whole you, as the unique person you are. Our patients range from those desiring prevention, wellness, and early detection of disease to those who are desperate to find solutions to their pain, suffering and years of chronic illness We will journey through this process together.
- Functional Medicine and Integrative Medicine and Family Medicine Physician
January 2010 – December 2011 (2 years)
- Bayfront Medical Center Family Practice Residency
Family Practice Specialist, 1982 – 1985
- Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Medicine, 1977 – 1981
- Activities and Societies: Student Government 2, 3, VP Junior year, Worked in the Emergency Room at St. Francis Hospital junior year, Worked in the IU Medical Center blood bank sophomore year
- Indiana University Bloomington
Bachelor’s Degree, Medical Technology, 1972 – 1976
Activities and Societies: Alpha Chi Omega, , Mortar Board
Functional Medicine Physician at Hermann Wellness
REBECCA MURRAY, ARNP
Endocrine Nurse Practitioner at Institute for Hormonal Balance
Endocrine Nurse Practitioner
April 2016 – Present
I see patients with complex medical problems with symptoms that usually do not follow one set pattern
thereby making it more difficult to make a definitive diagnosis. My areas of specialty include: Insulin
Resistance Syndrome (alias Metabolic Syndrome), diabetes prevention, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and related infertility problems, adrenal fatigue, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis with or without hypothyroidism, hormonal imbalances, perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms, low testosterone syndrome, autoimmune disease including risk reduction. In general, I like to help a person reach their optimal level of health and well-being.
- Medical Director at Ward-Murray Healthcare and Consulting
January 2014 – Present
Specializing in consulting for an “in depth” evaluation of the “root cause” of your medical problems or health issues. Able to do long-distance consulting especially for women who need help with PCOS, infertility, pregnancy loss and hormonal imbalances.
- Practitioner Development Consultant at Designs For Health
May 2005 – Present
Practitioner Development Consultant
- Nurse Practitioner in Functional Medicine
August 2001 – Present
Specializing in weight management, diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, reduction in risks of cardiovascular
disease, hormonal imbalances
- Asst Clinical Professor of Nursing (Adjunct Faculty)
1994 – Present
Precepting Graduate Nursing students in the Family Nurse Practitioner track
University of Rhode Island
Master of Science (MS), Primary Health Care Family Nurse Practitionet, 1984 – 1986
BS, Nursing, 1972 – 1974
Lisa has an extensive background in project management, research and development, training and marketing. She finds satisfaction in completing tasks efficiently and accurately, while minimizing inefficiencies. Lisa thrives in environments where she is challenged to think outside the box, brainstorm marketing strategies, and analyze existing procedures.
Creating a virtual assistant career out of her acquired skills was a natural transition. Lisa supports small businesses by helping them promote their products, streamlining daily operations, and transforming the business into the best they can be.